How do you create a PAT ad campaign in Seller Central?
Create a Campaign with which to use PAT and create one Ad Group for each kind of PAT (ASINs vs. Category).
💁 Expert Tip: Include "PAT" in the campaign name to help you distinguish it from other manual campaigns!
Creating Ad Groups
Name your Ad Group with the kind of targeting you intend!
- For example – ‘[PAT] Product Name – ASIN Targeting – B000000.’
For the Ad Groups, select products from your catalogue to advertise and then select ‘Product Targeting’ under the ‘Targeting’ menu.
- Select the ‘Categories’ tab of the ‘Product Targeting’ modal.
- Choose a basket of categories that relate to the items in that Ad Group.
- For each one, click the ‘Refine’ option and further target to a particular brand, price range or star rating.
Keep an eye on the ‘Products Targeted’ count below to make sure you’re not going too narrow or too broad!
- For ASIN Targeting, select the ‘Individual Products’ tab of the ‘Product Targeting’ modal.
- Now either enter a list of ASINs from the Search Term Report (Auto Campaigns often generate these), or use the ones suggested by Amazon, or search for specific ones yourself.
💁♂️ Expert Tip: While you can have multiple types of Ad Groups in a Campaign, we recommend keeping category, product, and keyword targeting separated into their own campaigns for better control and reporting.
How do I read a Search Term report with PAT?
There is a new column in the Search Term Report called ‘Targeting’ which will tell you which ASIN, Brand, etc. you’ve targeted. However under ‘Search Term’ you will only see the ASIN that was targeted, never the search term the shopper entered. This means that PAT is not a great way to find new keywords.