In this step, Campaign Creator gives you the option to choose your campaign build type: Basic or Advanced.
To ensure you're making the right decision for your business, consider how buyers are searching for your products.
Basic Structure (1:1 model) also known as "Mirrored" campaign structure, creates 1 auto campaign and 1 manual campaign for each parent product.
- Use this build type if most of your searches include category (generic) terms and still working to gain brand awareness.
- Commonly used strategy for new(er) sellers or small brands.
- All keywords are transferred to the same manual campaign. Learn more about keyword transfers.
If you select this option, you will be directed to the final step to review your campaigns before submitting to Amazon for approval.
Advanced Structure (4:1 model) also known as "Audience Based" campaign structure, creates 1 auto campaign and 3 manual campaigns (brand, competitor, and generic) for each parent product.
- Use this build type if you're often bidding on your own brand name and/or are targeting competitors.
- Commonly used strategy for large or well-established brands.
- Brand, Competitor, and Category keywords are routed to respective campaigns.
If you select this option, you will be prompted to enter your brand and competitor terms on the next screen.
Need help deciding? Learn more.
Note: The chosen build type will be applied to all parent products selected in step 1. If you would like to apply a different type for certain products, use the back button to remove those products from this build.
Basic Structure Next Step: Review and Edit Campaigns
Advanced Structure Next Step: Enter Brand and Competitor Terms