Optimizing Sponsored Products performance isn’t a “set it and forget it” service. Consistently evaluate the performance of your campaigns and make the necessary adjustments to remain aligned with the ever-changing landscape of the market.
Here are some suggested actions to take in Flywheel on a weekly, monthly, and as-needed basis to succeed with your advertising.
- Take the recommended keyword actions. You'll receive the weekly performance email to remind you to take action. Learn more.
- Review key performance trends on the Ad Dashboard to identify major spikes in performance (i.e. significant decline in spend or sales). If you notice unwanted changes use the campaigns page to identify the source of the problem.
- Evaluate the performance of your campaigns to ensure they're aligning with your advertising goals. Tip: You can sort and filter all columns to drill down on specific performance metrics. Learn more.
- Review MACS for your campaigns and ad groups to make sure they align with current performance (i.e. if you notice a spike in ACoS increase your MACS). Learn more about adjusting your MACS.
- Review the health of your products on the Product Metrics page to identify SKUs that may be running at a negative gross margin and make adjustments to strategy. Learn more.
- Create new campaigns if your ad strategy shifts (i.e. searches involving your brand increase and need to move to an audience-based campaign structure). Learn more.
- Update your COGS on the Product Settings page. Learn more.
- Update your product goals as they move to new life-cycle stages. Note: Making changes to product goals does not impact your settings in Flywheel. Learn more.