To upload search terms to Market Intelligence we recommend using the CSV. term template that is available for download on the term tracker. Follow these instructions to ensure your upload is successful.
Download the CSV. Template:
Click the upload terms icon at the top right corner of the table to access the template. Select
download our CSV template and the file will appear at the bottom of your browser.
Within the file, there are 3 columns
Locale. The column headers are case sensitive, do not remove or edit these. Remove the example data and enter your search terms.
Enter search terms to track in column A:
- Search terms are not case sensitive: "Sony HD TV" equals "sony hd tv"
- Singular and plural states are viewed individually: "headphones" does not equal "headphone"
- Special characters and numbers are acceptable inputs
Enter the e-commerce Platform for each term in column B:
- Currently, Market Intelligence data is only available for Amazon
- Acceptable input: Amazon
Enter the Locale for each term in column C:
- Locale refers to the region or market place
- Acceptable inputs: US, CA, MX, UK, DE, FR, IT, ES, JP, and IN
Once you have your file ready, make sure to save it as a CSV and click to select your file for uploading. You will see the following as soon as your file is selected:
Start Upload to begin processing the file. You will be notified immediately of the status of your upload.
If there are any errors in the process you will be prompted to try again (see Common Errors). Upon successful upload, all new terms will appear in the table with the status
fetching. Queries can be run once a term enters the
A CSV file upload can fail for any of the following reasons:
- The column headers are edited or removed from CSV
- A value is missing from a row: keyword (term), platform, and/or locale
- An invalid keyword value is detected: ASINs, Product IDs, and SKUs cannot be added as a term
- Spaces are added between rows
If any of these errors are detected you will be notified of the error and where it exists within the file.
- You can add up to 1,000 terms for tracking, if you attempt to upload more than the allowed amount you will receive an error message.
- If a file includes duplicate terms or terms that are already being tracked they will be excluded from the upload, only new terms will be added.
- For more information review: Search Term FAQ and Choosing Terms to Track